Monday 12 September 2016

Lady GaGa Recalls Feeling ‘Traumatized’ By Fame — ‘I Needed A Moment To Stabilize’

Lady GaGa Recalls Feeling ‘Traumatized’ By Fame — ‘I Needed A Moment To Stabilize’:

lady-gaga-talks-mental-health-new-interv



Lady GaGa has openly talked about mental health in the past, and with the release of her new single, Perfect Illusion, she's opening up even more about her struggle with depression and anxiety.

In a new interview with The Mirror, the pop songstress recalled feeling "traumatized" after skyrocketing to fame, even revealing she's still taking meds for it.

Related: GaGa Gets Cheeky In London!

The starlet shared:

"I needed a moment to stabilize. When my career took off, I don't remember anything at all. It's like I'm traumatized. I needed time to re-calibrate my soul."
As you probably know, GaGa took a couple years off after releasing her last solo album Artpop in 2013.

And while she shares her rise to the top was "the single greatest blessing of my artistic career," the 30-year-old remembered feeling "exhausted - like I was dying."

The mental health activist has since put herself first, adding "I definitely look after my well-being":

"I take medication. I'm not saying I feel good because of the medication - I wouldn't encourage young people to take anti-depressants or mood stabilizers... I openly admit to having battled depression and anxiety and I think a lot of people do. I think it's better when we all say: ‘Cheers!' And ‘fess up to it."
The Grammy winner has been completely candid about her personal battle, and even after her split from fiancé Taylor Kinney, the celeb says she feels "good."

On top of that, the New York native is also glad to be in her 30s now:

"I wanted to leave my 20s, immediately. I was like, ‘Thanks, I get it. You're young, you're crazy, you're wild. Goodbye.'"
While not much has exactly changed, GaGa explained:

"I find in my 30s, I haven't actually calmed down. I calm down for periods of time and then I'm actually worse - I'm more wild for a short period of time. It's a little bit of both. But 30 is fantastic because I feel like I have all the wisdom of my 20s."
Well, we're sure her little Monsters will be glad to hear she's doing well and embracing this new chapter!

[Image via WENN.]


No comments:

Post a Comment